House Meeting Notes - Sunday March 2nd, 2008
M is Absent due to doctor's appointment.
Hypes & Gripes:
S~ G: Sad because she wants cheese.
H: Happy about mommy.
A~ G: Stressed about moving three times in one year with three year old.
H: Enjoys being here. S, who is so cute
J~ G: No Gripes.
H: Aa & Pa are our neighbors now. Feels like spring.
D~ G: Dealing with school paper. Challenging, yet fun.
H: A & S are here.
B~ G: no gripes.
H: New job @ CU. Very excited. Spring is approaching, & we're planting more than 100 trees.
Last House Meeting Notes: approved
Chores (rotation, etc.):
A & J propose new dividing of Chores (into 5 distinct chores) - (kitchen)(bathroom, common laundry, laundry room)(commons up & down)(trash)(porch)
M: Commons Upstairs & Downstairs
D: Bathroom, Common Laundry, Laundry Room
J: Everyone is paid for March for food & housing. Michael is still ahead. Food budget is "moving back to baseline" - see ongoing business #14
M: (reprinted from last week) Downstairs commons painted. Trim work ongoing. Will be back at it this week, after doctor appointment.
B: Note taking, website. Will attempt to prepare the house to accept recycling.
D: House Meeting Enforcement. Has license to use extreme and lethal force. Use of lethal, however, will prevent members from attending.
1) J proposes new dividing of Chores (into 4 distinct chores) - (kitchen)(bathroom, common laundry, laundry room)(commons up & down)(trash, porch)
2) A & S has moved in.
3) 40 fruit installations are ready.
4) Review of personal house guest procedures.
5) A & S discussion. Food, etc.
Old Business & Reminders:
1) Trash & worms. Reminder: anything organic can go to worms. J has noticed bannana peels and other organic matter in the general trash. FEED THE WORMS! Salty & vinegar only thing not fed to worms.
2) Toaster Oven - clean out toaster oven otherwise it will catch fire. Easier to clean immediately after use.
3) Trash in porch area. Be aware of trash left in the front of the house.
4) Streamline house meetings - Ongoing business is considered acknowledged through previous house meeting approval.
1) Pan underneath Hot Water Heater to catch in case of spill.
2) J's friend is coming back from Argentina in April. Possible extended guest stay in J's room. (Everyone approves)
3) Chin up bar.
4) Stencil art in bathroom
5) Concrete Mixer.
6) Cob Wall, Foundation, etc.
7) Gray water system. Electric 3-way valve.
8) Lights in Basement area.
9) Logging volunteer hours on website.
10) Paving walkway with flagstone, recap cement porch steps. M would like help pulling up old concrete in walkway.
***11) J proposes food discussion, review for food buying process, etc.
12) Recycling. Barrels of recyclables must be cleared out before we can consider recycling. Recycling in the past has failed.
13) Make it easier for guests to participate in trash sorting (i.e worm bins, etc.) - through signs, guest awareness, etc. J offers stewardship of making signs.
14) M's son might be staying for a few days on March 15th. (A approves)
15) Potluck April 12th: theoretically approved.
16) B for march. (tentative 25 hours/week for March) will not work with current job.
17) Keep a eye out for the Lock Box. It is missing. J's dad needs it. Important for grounds.
1) 10 2 10 house meeting. A proposes that 10 2 10 house folks use our commons for their house meeting while they are displaced. (awaiting M's approval)
2) Blacktail Zine discussion. Proposal to use commons for Zine meetings. (awaiting M's approval) D proposes notifying everyone in the house prior to meetings so they have option to participate, etc.
3) A is missing her keys. 4 keys on a purple caribeener.
4) A is really O.
5) O proposes moving toxic chemicals to higher ground - CHILD SAFETY (approved)
6) D proposes non-toxic cleaning chemicals. O has worked for a "green" cleaning company.
7) A & P are our neighbors. They are here for dinner, Hooray! We can invite them to house meetings. They would like to participate in regular house meetings.
Next House Meeting
March 9th, 2008