Hypes & Gripes:
J~ G: Cover crops are being eaten by the rabbits. They seem to like
the oats. Same as P & D.
H: Trip was amazing, went to incredible places.
D~ G: Torn eyebrow. Fish-hook in nose. Allergies. Attacked by ants.
Cold that won't go away. Ticks. The joys of camping.
H: Camping Trip; happy about that. Basalt Permaculture Institute was
great. Happy to be back.
P~ G: Ticks.
H: Same as D.
B~ G: Computer has crashed.
H: Job is going well.
M~ G: Chicken shit in the bathroom. Chickens are now outside.
H: Went to doctor, everything is well. Son is out of jail. Book is
coming along wonderfully. Daughter, Kate, is coming out to visit in
late July. Place is looking wonderful, gorgeous.
Last House Meeting Notes: approved.
Chores (rotation, etc.):
M: Bathroom, Common Laundry, Laundry Room
J: Commons Upstairs & Downstairs
B: Trash & Recycling
J: Needs to look at accounting. All dues paid. J needs to find the
Farm photos on the CD-ROM for the website.
M: Stove Adjustment. M is looking in to details (Northern Energy).
Two more pieces of trim in commons.
B: Water Filter. Note taking, website. Sort barrels of recycling
east of barn.
D: House Meeting Enforcement. Sort the boxes upstairs commons. Make
spreadsheet for logging volunteer hours.
J & D: Food buying process and discussion report.
1) Write name on personal food items.
2) HOUSE CLEANING – Sunday May 25th, 2008
3) All organic matter excluding vinegar and salt go to worms,
including non-glossy paper products and egg shells.
4) Recycling & Trash now one chore.
5) Worm Bin update. Worms going migrating to trench outside.
6) Missing walkie-talkie has been found
Old Business & Reminders:
1) Recycling. Recycling center is right down the street. Recycling
discussion. J will look in to trash delivery service. Motion to
consolidate trash and recycling chore. Recycling assessment.
2) Mouse-House Party! Tonight at 2a.m. (May get loud) b.y.o.c
(bring your own cheese) – Ongoing discussion. Cat discussion. M is
not a cat person. D has a cat. M is upset about the mice. Taliasin,
the cat, will move in for trial period.
3) Solar Chimney discussion. Keep doors and windows closed during the
day. Open windows 30-60 minutes after sunset. Keeps the bugs out,
the solar chimney will help to circulate the cool air through the
house during the day. WINDOW SCREEN DISCUSSION.
4) Toaster Oven – clean toaster oven after use.
1) Chin-up bar.
2) Stencil art in bathroom
3) Concrete Mixer.
4) Cob Wall, Foundation, etc.
5) Gray water system. Electric 3-way valve needed.
6) Lights in Basement area
7) Blacktail Zine Discussion. Proposal to use commons for Zine
8) Pan underneath Hot Water Heater to catch in case of spill.
9) M missing trimming scissors.
10) Food buying discussion.
11) '68 camping. DNC recreate '68 housing. J was asked if folks could
camp out on the land. ONGOING DISCUSSION.
12) Monthly Potluck. Juneteenth Soul-Food Birthday Solstace
Extravaganza – Tentatively June 21rst, 2008 (approved)
13) Workers for the summer. Camping workers tentatively approved.
14) House license to trap animals on property? Ongoing Discussion. D
is looking in to small game license, guns & / or trapping.
1) Chickens are not allowed in the house or on the porch. (approved)
2) Community Compost Dump. New sign needed concerning community compost.
3) Dripline Timing, 10p.m-4:10a.m / 5:30a.m-7:30p.m. Watering
discussion. Alternative source of water needed. Everything is
4) House Tupperware: Bring house tupperware back!
5) Extra Shoes from the house cleaning are being thrown out. Retrieve
personal shoes from the pile or they will be taken to donation.
6) Please keep the dish rack clear of clean dishes.
7) New Chore: Cat Heckling.
8) First Aid Kit. House needs a first aid kit. J will look in to this.
9) P is leaving on Thursday until 21rst.
Next House Meeting
June 22nd, 2008