House Meeting Notes - Sunday March 9th, 2008
Hypes & Gripes:
S~ G: not sad.
H: Happy cause she loves mommy.
O~ G: S is grumpy.
H: Beautiful day.
J~ G: Flies in the kitchen. Tired & groggy from Daylight Savings Time. Relationship issues.
H: Spring. Trees will be planted soon. Capoeria is going well. Extra hour of daylight in the evening.
D~ G: Dull stress headache.
H: Spring. Weather is nice. Diet has approved since O & S have moved in.
B~ G: Fruit flies.
H: New job.
M~ G: Guts feel like they've been yanked out by doctor.
H: Son is here for the week.
Last House Meeting Notes: pending
Chores (rotation, etc.):
B: Bathroom, Common Laundry, Laundry Room
O: Commons Upstairs & Downstairs
J: Everyone is paid for March for food & housing. Michael is still ahead. Food budget is "moving back to baseline"
M: Will Oil Base Paint this week. Trim work ongoing.
B: Note taking, website. Will prepare the house to accept recycling.
D: House Meeting Enforcement.
O: Move Toxic chemicals to higher ground. Show everyone how to concoct cleaning agents.
1) Chores discussion. Note new divisions for 5 people.
Old Business & Reminders:
1) A & P are our neighbors. They are here for dinner, Hooray! We can invite them to house meetings. They would like to participate in regular house meetings.
2) Trash & worms. Reminder: anything organic can go to worms. J has noticed bannana peels and other organic matter in the general trash. FEED THE WORMS! Salty & vinegar only thing not fed to worms.
3) Toaster Oven - clean out toaster oven otherwise it will catch fire. Easier to clean immediately after use.
4) Trash in porch area. Be aware of trash left in the front of the house
5) Streamline house meetings - Ongoing business is considered acknowledged through previous house meeting approval.
1) Pan underneath Hot Water Heater to catch in case of spill.
2) J's friend is coming back from Argentina in April. Possible extended guest stay in J's room. (Everyone approves)
3) Chin up bar.
4) Stencil art in bathroom
5) Concrete Mixer.
6) Cob Wall, Foundation, etc.
7) Gray water system. Electric 3-way valve.
8) Lights in Basement area.
9) Logging volunteer hours on website.
10) Paving walkway with flagstone, recap cement porch steps. M would like help pulling up old concrete in walkway.
***11) J proposes food discussion, review for food buying process, etc.
12) Recycling. Barrels of recyclables must be cleared out before we can consider recycling. Recycling in the past has failed.
13) Make it easier for guests to participate in trash sorting (i.e worm bins, etc.) - through signs, guest awareness, etc. J offers stewardship of making signs.
14) M's son might be staying for a few days on March 15th. (A approves)
15) Potluck April 12th: theoretically approved.
16) B for march. (tentative 25 hours/week for March) will not work with current job.
17) Keep a eye out for the Lock Box. It is missing. J's dad needs it. Important for grounds.
18) 10 2 10 house meeting. A proposes that 10 2 10 house folks use our commons for their house meeting while they are displaced. (everyone approves)
19) Blacktail Zine discussion. Proposal to use commons for Zine meetings. (everyone approves) D proposes notifying everyone in the house prior to meetings so they have option to participate, etc.
20) O is missing her keys. 4 keys on a purple caribeener.
1) Clean up your toenails.
2) O will have children over to see the farm. (approved)
3) Fruit Flies. Keep basement door closed. J & B will move the bins outside.
4) All organic matter can be fed to the worms.
Next House Meeting
March 16th, 2008