Hypes & Gripes:
J~ G: Feels inertia with Capoera
H: Farm is going well: tree planting, spring. Content.
D~ G: One last paper. S has been unhappy & stressed.
H: School is coming to an end. One more paper. We have a
greenhouse. Able to work with living things instead of equations.
Mom did research concerning O, things look positive. Peter: cooking.
M~ G: Mentions in passing, when we have a house full of people, we
need to pick up our messes.
H: Things are going well – writing, pain. Mentions in passing, when
we have a house full of people, we need to pick up our messes. Hardy
welcome to Peter.
B~ G: The house is kind of messy lately. We need to do our chores.
H: Job is so wonderful. Car is running okay. Biodiesel project has
begun. Bradley Micheal Albus is now an ISA Certified Arborist!
P~ G: See chore discussion
H: Having a good time, likes being here.
Last House Meeting Notes: approved.
Chores (rotation, etc.):
- Chore Discussion: Chore Duty as it relates to folks who are gone regularly.
B: Bathroom, Common Laundry, Laundry Room
P: Commons Upstairs & Downstairs
J: Accounting, everyone is paid except B. Make it easier for guests
to participate in trash sorting (i.e worm bins, etc.) - through signs,
guest awareness, etc. J offers stewardship of making signs.
M: Two more pieces of trim in commons.
B: Water Filter. Note taking, website. Sort barrels of recycling
east of barn.
D: House Meeting Enforcement. Sort the boxes upstairs commons.
J & D: Food buying process and discussion report.
1) J's friend is coming back from Argentina in April. Possible
extended guest stay in J's room. (approved) [Welcome Peter!]
2) LCD clock found.
3) Potluck April 12th was a success.
Old Business & Reminders:
1) Write name on personal food items.
2) Toaster Oven – clean toaster oven after use.
3) HOUSE CLEANING – Sunday May 25th, 2008
4) J needs to find the Farm photos on the CD-ROM for the website.
5) All organic matter excluding vinegar and salt go to worms,
including non-glossy paper products and egg shells.
1) Chin-up bar.
2) Stencil art in bathroom
3) Concrete Mixer.
4) Cob Wall, Foundation, etc.
5) Gray water system. Electric 3-way valve.
6) Lights in Basement area
7) Logging volunteer hours on website.
8) Blacktail Zine Discussion. Proposal to use commons for Zine
9) Missing walkie-talkie
10) Pan underneath Hot Water Heater to catch in case of spill.
11) Chore Rotation Discussion. Chore detail assessment. New
recycling / trash chore?
12) M missing trimming scissors.
1) Recycling. Recycling center is right down the street. Recycling
discussion. J will look in to trash delivery service. Motion to
consolidate trash and recycling chore. Recycling assessment.
2) Food buying discussion.
3) Stove Adjustment. M will look in to details.
4) '68 camping. DNC recreate '68 housing. J was asked if folks could
camp out on the land. ONGOING DISCUSSION.
5) B is looking into water filter.
6) Mouse-House Party! Tonight at 2a.m. (May get loud) b.y.o.c
(bring your own cheese) – Ongoing discussion. Cat discussion. M is
not a cat person. D has a cat. M is upset about the mice. Taliasin,
the cat, will move in for trial period.
7) Worm Bin update. Worms going migrating to trench outside.
8) Solar Chimney discussion. Keep doors and windows closed during the
day. Open windows 30-60 minutes after sunset. Keeps the bugs out,
the solar chimney will help to circulate the cool air through the
house during the day. WINDOW SCREEN DISCUSSION.
9) Monthly Potluck. Juneteenth Soul-Food Birthday Solstace
Extravaganza – Tentatively June 21rst, 2008 (approved)
10) Workers for the summer. Camping workers tentatively approved.
11) House license to trap animals on property? Ongoing Discussion.
Next House Meeting
May 25th, 2008